Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Step 1 - Box
Take your three sheets of cardstock and cut them as follows:
• one sheet to 12 x 12 inches
• one sheet to 11 ¼” x 11 ¼” inches
• one sheet to 10 ½” x 10 ½” inches
Score each sheet according to the measurements below. Score all four sides
• Score the 12 x 12 sheet, 4 inches in from each side
• Score the 11 ¼” x 11 ¼” sheet, 3 ¾” inches in from each side
• Score the 10 ½” x 10 ½”, 3 ½” inches in from each side
Cut off all four corners at the score on all three pieces.
Optional - ink the edges on both sides and/or round the corners.
Glue together pieces; smallest piece on to the middle piece and then the medium piece largest piece with double-sided tape on the middle square.
Step 2 - Lid
Take your piece of cardstock for the lid and cut it to: 6 1/8 x 6 1/8 inches
Score the lid, 1 inch in from each of the four edges.
Turn the card over and score from the tip of each corner diagonally, until the scored corner lines.
Fold all the scored lines and pinch the corners and fold inwards.
Glue the corners in place with wet glue. Hold the corners paperclips until dry.
If you want to continue decorating your box, I would recommend the following measures for your paper (I’m swapping to metric now since it’s easier to be more exact):
• four or eight 3 ¾ in squares for your largest pages
• eight 3 ½ in. squares for your medium pages
• eight 3 ¼ in. squares for your smallest pages
Round corners and/or chalk edges if wanted.
Click on the water to feed the fish.